Winter and cold. Two enemies to a beauty routine. It gives you dry lips and therefore doesn’t look good for a full done face. I used to just splatter some more lipstick a top of my chapped lips. But it made me look way too awful! (Not to use an awful word instead!) Instead I wanted to share some tricks that I’ve learned along the way.
- My best used method: Get a tooth brush and scrub your lips with it and apply Vaseline onto your lips for pink gleaming lips.
- Sugar and Oil are a great combo that not only for lips but also a great hand scrub.
- Honey is the solution to all our problems. It is a natural moisturizer and it is naturally antibacterial. It will keep cuts and splits from becoming infected.
- Aloe Vera is a natural moisturizer and it has anti-inflammatory properties. It will heal and soothe the pain of chapped lips. It also has hygroscopic properties, which means it will attract and hold moisture.
I love when science and beauty are linked.
You can find a lot of quick and easy tricks on Pinterest. However to treat your chapped lips effectively, prevention from the source is the best way:
- DRINK WATER!! Hydration is the key to keeping skin moisturized. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Avoid licking your lips. This gives temporary relief, but in the end, it results in more severe dryness. or even peeling them off. I know it is an agony to forget about them, so think about it on the long run. would you prefer to have chapped and bloody lips or the perfect pink pout.
- If you wear lipstick, choose a high quality brand that contains sunscreen, and lots of moisturizer.
- Mouth wash and toothpastes with fluoride can cause chapped lips. Stop using them temporarily to find out if they’re contributing to your problem. If so, change products. (I’m not saying go around with stinky breathe!)
- Avoid acidic and salty foods when you have severely chapped lips. Especially if it’s your favorite vinegar chips *swoon*, but beauty comes at a cost.
- Eat fresh fruits and veggies to get your Vitamins A, B, and E
So hydrate those lips and get your lips ready for Valentine’s day. Use these tips for a kissable pout.
Hugs and Kisses